Monday 30 December 2013

2013 Signing Off!

It has been way too long between blogs, and what better way to sign off 2013 than with a bit of a look at the year that was.

As far as years go, it has been a pretty big one. 

Only a couple of weeks ago, we welcomed little Chloe Eloise into the world on the 11/12/2013, a date thought by many to be lucky.  I know I feel lucky.

I also managed to write my very first manuscript for a paranormal romance novel, but not only that but I also managed to find a publisher willing to take a chance and publish it!

I'm currently working on my first round of edits to send back, and then with my fingers firmly crossed, by the end of January I'll be sharing my book with the world. (As long as the world doesn't have too high expectations - and is kind to a first time author...).  I'm sure it could be written better, have a better plot and better characters but for a first go, I'm pretty proud of myself.

As far as 2014 goes, I'm not quite sure what could happen to even come close to the events of this year, but perhaps a year to reflect on the amazing people I've met this year.  People I didn't know 6 months ago I now class as some of my closest friends.  Every day I thank the universe for bringing such incredible people into my life. Without their support, help and guidance, Of Fire & Roses would have ended up on the scrap heap.

Things I'm looking forward to in 2014 (in no particular order!)

  • Meeting more of these wonderful people in person (you know who you are gorgeous ladies :D)
  • 2014 RWA Conference in August (I'll be getting my first sales certificate - woo hoo!)
  • Actually seeing a book that I wrote published.
  • Watching my two beautiful girls grow up some more... and last but not least:
  • Be thankful for all the amazing things in my life and to remember, to take deep breaths when things get a bit rough (I do have a tendency to over dramatize somewhat!)
Have a fantastic new year everyone and go easy on the bubbly!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment